Sunday, May 29, 2011

A quick hello

Hello all! I feel like I want to keep people updated on my current situation. If you didn't know, my girlfriend Charmane is overseas kicking ass and taking names over in Hanoi, Vietnam! Wait, the way I wrote that, it seems like she's at war or something. Let me rephrase: My peace-loving, soulfully singing girlfriend is kicking metaphorical ass in life and performing in Hanoi for the next 4 months. While she does that all by herself across the seas, I'll be here in Hartford having a summer of my own. I'm living in our new home among a long remodeling job that's still not complete.

As someone put it the other day, I'm also living in the same house as my mother-in-law (though we live in two separate apartments.) It sounds kind of sitcom-ish when you put it like that. In reality, it'll probably be pretty mundane. We get along really well and she's really helped us out getting settled in over here.

As the summer unfolds and I get as close to what one can call adjusted to not seeing my girlfriend for 4 months, I've decided to keep a blog and update my friends on how I'm feeling. What I know about myself is that writing is therapy for me, and it's better for me to actually write about what's happening and get through this when times are hard, plus flex my writing muscle and be productive. Win-win!

No comments:

Post a Comment